Friday, November 20, 2009
Tune of soil
It is almost three weeks passed I have come from home..yes,the place which nourished my childhood and flourished me with thoughts, laughter and grief and my entire personality. I went there to celebrate a special occasion of my homeland, in fact its the so called greatest festival of Bengal. Its Durga Puja. The very first day I was going from Airport to my home by local train as my home is around 100 km away from Calcutta and there is no better cheaper way to go there except train. Cheapest transport, the transport of mass. The transport which fulfills the desire to see the nature, to recognise human life, to understand the philosophy of life and above all which makes one's soul tuned to common people. It was heavily crowded inside the train and I was in 35 degree from 7 degree Celsius so I was completely drenched for sweating which is not as comfortable as drenching in rain. So, was standing near the door. A little girl was standing beside me. She asked me with a sweet voice 'how many clothes did you buy for Puja?' Yes, it is our tradition to buy and to give new clothes to our closed ones in Durgapuja. I looked at the begger having disability in legs and then looked at beautiful,innocent and curious eyes of this little girl holding tightly hand of her mother. I remembered a day almost 4 years ago. It was our great curiosity in schooldays to know how many clothes other friends have received and which one she is going to wear on which day as Puja lasts for four days. All of our classmates used to come from rich or middleclass family so all of them used to receive at least one new dress. When I have entered in college, I asked quite naturally one of my friends 'how many clothes did you buy for this Puja',just like this little girl. His father was a farmer and that year field of his father was completely flooded due to heavy rain. He replied he has only one good t-shirt to wear. I never can forgive myself for asking this stupid question. That little girl reminded it to me once again. I smiled and started to listen the song of the begger....' amar mayer paye Jaba hoye oth na fute mon, tar gondho na thak ja ache se noi re bhuyo abhoron'..which means 'my dear mind..be a blooming flower and start to bloosom when you dedicate yourself to the God. You need not have fragrance..you just need to be fresh and honest which is your most precious ornament.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
good good..!!! In fact I would like to write some of those experiences...:) There are lot of memories in the past. Now I find everything very interesting when I compare with Europe, specially Germany..!!!
ReplyDeletenice one..bhalo legeche.
ReplyDeletethanks a lot for all of ur comments :)
ReplyDeletei think u should give some money to that little girl so that she could buy clothes...
ReplyDelete