Comments from the translator: Although I know its not going to be a great translation work but my motivation is only to reach the extract of the beautiful poem from the masterpeice of Tagore to those who do not understand Bengali.
Can you listen the sound of wheels of the chariot of time which is vibrating the sky as it vibrates when the heart beats?
They are smashing the grief of stars which is coming out from the broken heart of darkness.
Oh my friend, that running time has trapped me and has taken me away from you in its chariot towards the way of an adventurous travel..
Sometimes, it seems, I have crossed innumerable deaths..
Today, in a new morning my old identity has flown away in the air due to tremendous speed of the chariot.
There is no way to come back...
If you look at me from distance apart, you can't recognize me..
Oh my friend, good bye!
Someday, at a full leisure time when the sigh originated from the bank of the past , will pass by with the breeze of spring..
When tears of shedding Jasmines will hurt the sky, try to find out me...
Some part of my soul is still behind with the soul of yours...
When the time of oblivion will come, it may give you the light, may show you the path ahead,
It may take shape of your one of the dreams which has no name;
Indeed, that is not just your dream, it is that which can even conquer the death, which is nothing but my love.
This love, I have left for you while being apart from you, is never going to change and it is a gift for you.
With the current of change I am floating by in the travel of time...
Oh my friend, good bye!
You have not been affected...
If you have built my idol of eternity with the soil of this Earth,
Then wave the light to it in every evening.
The game of worshipping my idol will never be interrupted by my unwanted touch.
Neither the flowers dedicated to it will be thrown away...
I will never mix my tears, my mental poverty with the richness of your mentality.
Perhaps, still today, you make your dreams with my memory but it will neither have weights nor responsibilities anymore.
Oh my friend, good bye!
Never lament for me!
Because, I have my work, I have my world.
I will try to fill up the emptiness throughout my whole life..
I am going to surrender myself to one who makes me grateful by the awaiting with full of anxieties,
Who can pluck the white flowers from the branches of moonlight night in order to decorate my dark nights,
Who can realize me with infinite forgiveness accepting my pureness, impurities equally.
Whatever I have given to you, you have got the full rights of those.
Here my miserly contributions are drunk fully even if it is miserable for him.
You, oh my incomparable darling, are richest by my whole hearted dedication of love.
All my offerings were of none but yours.
As much as you have taken it from me, I have become more and more owed to you...
Oh my friend, good bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment