Friday, March 30, 2012

A knock

The problem of India is not the country but the majority of its country people. Majority of people always see that the glass is half empty, they never can say that the glass is half full as well. For example, French, the so called most intellectual nation of the world, are never ashamed for not knowing English. Its true that English is the International language. We should know that. But we, the majority of Indian people are so much of low self esteemed that we feel embarrassed/suffer from inferiority complex when surrounding people talk in English . We feel so much ashamed that some of us mix English while talking with even same provincial friend. Perhaps, 200 years of being ruled by English people left a permanent scar in our sub conscious mind that we think, not knowing English means we are inferior . I feel really ashamed when I see that the most of the sincere students are European but not a single Indian in the Sanskrit class, organised here free of cost. I quite doubt that Indian people do not attend the class because of knowing the language. Because, I know very well that how Sanskrit is going through the passage of oblivion in my country. If Indians were so much educated in Sanskrit it would never be the case. I was never that sincere like the students here, to know the most traditional language of the world and so left uneducated in my own traditional language. Consequently, I am becoming to know about our own 'Vimana-sastra' after watching the history channel's broadcast. Another recent example I remember about the movie 'Kahani'. People are talking a lot about taking the plot/copying from 'Taking lives'. I ask them how many of you know that the famous movie 'E.T' was made stealing the plot from the fiction story written by Satyajit Roy which he himself thought about making a movie based on his this story but somehow was not able to make it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Lr0uGgy_s). How many of you can guarantee that 'taking lives' was not copied from some French, Italian or Russian movie? You never appreciated the blend Sujoy Ghosh made in the movie which made it unique than 'taking lives' Do you remember the last scene of the movie where Vidya was getting lost in the crowd of red bordered white saree and was applied 'sindur' on her face following the tradition of 'sindurkhela' which is played only among the married(not widow) women? How many of you did realise that it was the symbolic style of the movie to express the pain of a woman who lost her love through that scene and as well as the escape of Vidya through that crowd beautifully represented the traditional background of Bengal? Those who are talking about the copy, I ask them, how many of you carefully listened to the last commentary made in the movie about the mythological background of Durgapuja and how it was blended with the plot of the movie? I think if we can talk about the copy we also can talk about these fine touches which made the movie unique. Why always the glass should be half empty for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment