It was the time when I didn't know even what is Valentine's Day. But I never felt I need to be loved by someone. Because I was already loved by so many. My parents, my sister, my friends they all loved(still love) me so much that I never felt that, I need to know the meaning of this day. It was the movie 'Dil to Pagal Hai' probably which introduced this day to teenagers' like us. I was born and brought up in a calm and quiet small township which has both the facilities of village and town. Specially my house was in such a location that village was 10 mins distance in cycle and town is also in the same distance. This town was full of scenic beauty, its full of Sal trees(scientific name Soria Robusta) and so known as queen of forest in West Bengal. I remember my schooldays. I had read 'Aronyak' written by Bibhutibhushan Bandapadhyay which is my favorite book till now and I was so much in love with forest after reading it. Because, this is the book which 1st taught me forest is not only a scenic beauty but also it has its own character. It has its pleasure, it has its own sorrow. My friends used to call me crazy as I used to go in the deep forest by cycling to feel it. Being a girl of 14 or 15 yrs I was never afraid about the people who may harm me in those remote and unknown places instead I used to observe their lifestyle. They would had been thought me also a bit strange as they never had seen a girl to come in those remote places alone just to observe the surrounding. Sometimes, one of my friends Ushasi used to give me company as she was also little bit crazy. But after she left the town I was all alone to observe the beauty, to feel its character....characterized by its tribal villagers. Soon, I became non-stranger to them and they used to ask me whether me and my family were fine. They were poor but they were rich by their heart with full of love even so rich that being in a wealthy country now I can understand how much people might be jealous of their assets here. I am sure that they also didn't know, even still don't know when they are dying, what is Valentine's day. Yes, my homeland is now in great danger. It is under serious maoists' activity. Its time to disclose to the reader that, my homeland is Jhargram. St. Valentine who died because of making a couple happy, has become a big icon for selling love..its time to sell dreams, desires and even emotions. Let's come back to the point of the poor villagers of my homeland. Its true that,they were deprived for decades and that is the only reason why they supported Maoists' initially. But alas! probably they didn't know that Maoists have taken chance of their deprivations, they have given them promises that they will make revolutions and they will remove their poverty which was never the motivation of revolution instead the only motivation is to get a separate state, few more ministerships. That is, the whole story of motivation is the story of game of power. Now, there the gun rules!!! 'come and join us otherwise u'll be killed' or 'If u r in the Maoists' group u'll be fired'. A dangerous tug of war between Maoists and Police force! Where the tug is made of people's life and miseries of common people have no importance!!! There are more than 100 villages around the township of Jhargram and these villagers used to sell fuel woods, handicrafts or vegetables from their fields and the only communication between local market and these villages is bus. Nowadays the whole bus communication is stopped because of cutting the roads or blocking the roads by big Sal trees. More than 5,000 Sal trees have been cut during last 2 yrs for this purpose!!! It sounds pathetic to me that my green town is no more green now. So, the villagers can't sell their products and they have no food for at least one time daily. Is it a life? I still remember the enthusiastic smile on those children's face when their mom came back home with some food for them at the end of the day. To get rid of deprivation it is needed to defeat the ruling party so that they can get the Govt. funds to make the necessary developments of those people and to do it they need support of people which can't be done by gun but by the heart. If they truly love people they should do something which will benefit people and then people will support them spontaneously. Few days back, I have seen a news occupyling a little area of the newspaper. A police constable is teaching the villagers how to make handicrafts from Jute and then taking their products he is selling it in the market and distributing the money equally among all of them. If he can make such a big effort to establish this co-operative organisation then why can't we? He did it by his inner instinct as he loved his fellow people very much. So, at the end it is all about the 'Love' which can make change in our lives. We do not need a Valentine's day for it instead we need having a pure heart. We are so much interested to celebrate valentine's day because we are so much in crisis of love. A person never screams asking 'water' if he already has it! So, let's love, let's hold hands and live our life friends!!!
Awesome
ReplyDeletebes valo.....
ReplyDeleteit is very nice.
ReplyDeleteValentine's day r atisarjyo ba ayojon kore palon konotai
ReplyDeleteamader JHARGRAM r manush dekhate na parleo etodin badeo je tan seta seta ekjon premik ba premika r dara shudhu noy jara bhalobase MNUSH PROKITI ar Sahaj Sorolotar Vora Jibon tara sobai miss korchhi kachhe pabar janyo.
amader vetore khub vetore thaka kono anubhuti jeta prakash pabar aj kono abokash nei kichhu manush er (erao manush !!!!) janyo..era je namei paper ba loker mone bere uthuk na keno era holo swapnoghat r ayojon ar roktobarshon r jomat megeher kalochaya ...eder jomte diyo na ....
eituku bolte paari onek kichu bhabte baadhyo holaam .
ReplyDeleteas usual bhalo likhecho. tobe eta ektu onyorokom
@all: thanku all for ur comments......
ReplyDeleteলেখাটি খুবই ভালো লেগেছে। আশা করি, আরও এমন লেখা পাবো। আমার ব্লগে আপনার কমেন্ট পেয়ে আমি অভিভূত। আশা করি মাঝে মাঝে আপনার প্রিয় শব্দ আমার ব্লগে যাবে।
ReplyDeleteভালোবাসায় সত্যিই কী না হয়! মানুষ প্রকৃত মানুষ হয়ে ওঠে। এ কথা যদি পাওয়ার পলিটিক্স বুঝত...!
@Dibakar Sarkar: আপনার কমেন্ট আমাকে আমার বিশ্বাস এর ভিত আরেকটু মজবুত করতে সাহায্য করলো..আশা করি এরকম সাহস ও সমর্থন ভবিষ্যতেও আপনার কাছ থেকে পাব |
ReplyDeleteলেখাটা আমার খুব ভাল লেগেছে। যেদিন ভারতের সবাই এই কথাটা বুঝতে পারবে সেদিনের পর থেকে আমরা একটা অন্য ভারত দেখতে পাবো।
ReplyDelete